Thursday, March 22, 2007

Hoops for Heart Night

Daddy was the coordinator for Hoops for Heart, a fundraiser for the American Heart Association. His students had a goal of $2,000 and they ended up raising $2,400. This was really good considering that the population of students that go to Logan are very low-income. One little boy gathered up all his change and donated $1.69, which was really sweet. So, to honor all the kids who raised money, Daddy had a Hoops for Heart Night at school on Thursday night. The students got to show off their basketball skills to their parents, and because the students surpassed their goal, they voted on something to do to Daddy. They chose to throw a pie in his face and he also let the top fundraisers from each grade throw a water balloon at him. They thought it was SO funny! The pictures are a little fuzzy, but I think you get the idea!
Daddy getting a pie in the face!
Students anxiously awaiting Daddy's fate! 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders playing a dribbling game. Pre-K, Kindergarten, 1st, and 2nd graders playing some shooting games
I'm glad I was able to see all Daddy's students having fun. I almost wasn't able to go, I haven't been feeling like my chipper self lately. Mama thinks I'm getting a tooth in but it sure is taking it's sweet time! I'm whiny during the day and had a bad night on Tuesday. How many more of these things-called-teeth am I going to get? They better be worth it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Camden, Your Daddy is a great teacher. I am impressed. You should be proud! Someday you will be shooting and dribbling, too. You are going to be awesome.We just had our hoops for heart at Mesick this week! Hope that tooth comes soon. Love Aunt Susie

Anonymous said...

Yahoo! Way to go, Scotty! Hope the little Punkin is feeling better soon!

Anonymous said...

Hi Camden!
How nice of you to share your blog with your daddy! You must be very proud of him!
Jenny