Monday, May 12, 2008

The Mushroom Festival

On Saturday, we all went up to the famed Mushroom Festival and I got to go to my first parade! It was so much fun and was such a beautiful day. My favorite things were the bands and the candy!
Here I am watching a clown on a silly little vehicle that had bubbles come out of the back!

Admiring my sucker that someone threw to me. Can you believe it? People throw candy at you! How great is that?
Aunt Susie taught me the ins and outs of candy grabbing...and let me tell you that she was a GREAT teacher! Pretty soon I was running into the street to pick up as much as my little hands would carry. I did share with some of the kids next to me though that weren't as good as I was as spotting the goods! I had a bundle when I was all done...better than Halloween! After the parade, we went to the carnival where I rode the merry-go-round with Amma. I did sit on the horse for awhile and then just wanted to get off. It was lots of fun to go round and round. Daddy took me down the BIG slide, too, but I didn't have as much fun on that. It was just a little too big for me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the awesome weekend! It was so much fun! I love you all! Amma

Anonymous said...

Ahhh the Mushroom Festival parade. brings back fond memories of the bikes, the unknown mushroom picker and all the trophies that grandpa bought...oh I mean all the trophies the kids won!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for including me in the Mushroom Festival fun! I had a great time. Camden is a natural! Lets start decorating the bikes for next year! Love, Aunt Susie

Elizabeth said...

I just wanted to say hi! I am glad you all had fun at the Mushroom Festival!
~Liz